Wario was first introduced as the main villain of Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, where he was revealed to be behind the plot of the first Super Mario Land as well. After his defeat by Mario, Wario moved from villain to a starring role in the next game, Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3. As subsequent games dropped the "Super Mario Land" from the title, Wario Land became its own franchise. He also stars in the WarioWare series of games, where he owns a video game company with his friends in Diamond City.
Wario first appeared in 016 - Wario. His personality matches the game's portrayal of him; greedy, selfish, disgusting, and rude. Though he's normally relegated to a background character, he plays a large role in the A Mushroom Kingdom Carol arc, where he convinced Mario to open a coin bank with him, which helped lead the latter to become a heartless greedy man like himself.
List of Comics Appeared InEdit
- 016 - Wario
- 042 - Chef
- 083 - Shake It
- 116 - How the King Stole Christmas (Part 3)
- 117 - How the King Stole Christmas (Part 4)
- 129 - Peppy Is Everywhere
- 150 - Comic Strip
- 174 - Turnabout Kirby (Part 4)
- 190 - Where's Waluigi?
- 191 - Waluigi Trilogi
- 200 - Ode to Minions
- 201 - A Mushroom Kingdom Carol (Part 1)
- 202 - A Mushroom Kingdom Carol (Part 2)
- 203 - A Mushroom Kingdom Carol (Part 3)
- 204 - A Mushroom Kingdom Carol (Part 4)
- 226 - Brawl Party: Wario
- 228 - Shoulders
- 280 - Dubious Rescue